Founded in Finland in September 2000 by Jari Tammisto, Mobile Monday is one of the mobile industry’s leading open community platform and recognized by the international community (governments, GSMA, World Bank). With more than 100 local chapters and 45,000 members worldwide, MoMo fosters the development of partnerships through physical and virtual meetings in exchanging ideas, best practices, knowledge, and trends. It is a privileged space for the professionals (companies, NGOs, governments), developers, entrepreneurs, and enthusiasts. For more information, please visit http://mobilemonday.net.
Mobile Monday Dakar, the first MoMo chapter in Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa, was created in 2011. It was officially launched on June 27, 2011 with the presentation of Mr. Laurent Kiba, Head of Mobile Payment Department at Orange Senegal: “Mobile Money: prospects and Challenges for Senegal. “
The objectives of Mobile Monday Dakar are:
- Educate the world of Information Technology and Communication (ICT) on the potential of mobile technology;
- Develop a community of mobile industry professionals;
- Create a space for exchanging and sharing information on mobile advancements and opportunities;
- Connect different communities (students, entrepreneurs, universities, companies, NGOs …);
- Highlight companies, projects, and people who offer innovative mobile solutions and increase their international visibility through the global network of Mobile Monday;
- Foster collaboration between mobile players – both locally and globally; and
- Influence and shape the landscape of mobility – locally and globally.