The competition is conducted online. An award ceremony will be organized at the Savana Hotel in Dakar.
- This competition is open to all students in Senegal. Students must be able to prove their student status.
- Applications developed in bootcamp are not eligible.
Teams are made of up to 3 students.
Mobile applications should address social development. The following topics are particularly encouraged:
- Support for the informal sector
- Support for the rural population
- Social Networks
This list is not exhaustive.
Applications that fail to address social development will not be accepted.
All mobile applications submitted must be written in Java ME.
A combination of Java ME, SMS and mobile web technologies can be considered. The core technology should be Java ME.
- Submissions that do not follow the instructions will not be accepted.
- The language of the competition is English. The language of the user interface of the application is also English. You can add other languages as well (French and local languages).
- Only applications written in Java ME will be considered. However, a combination of Java ME, SMS and mobile web technologies can be considered.
- The contest is administered online. If you have any questions, you can use the provided e-mail or participate in the 2 online chats that are planned in October and November.
- Participants must be organized into teams of 3 members (or less).
- A member may not be part of multiple teams simultaneously.
- Participants of a team may be from different universities / schools.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant warrants that
- (i) the application is original.
- (ii) the application does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third person. For examples, the participant has the required rights for the multimedia elements of the application.
- (iii) the entrant is authorized to enter the competition.
- All submissions remain the intellectual property of the team submitting the application.