Where: Université Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar
When: April 5-6, 2013
This training presents techniques and practices used to create and develop mobile web apps and native mobile apps, mobile websites, and SMS services. Particular attention is given to the deployment of mobile solutions in pilots and in the release in app stores (Google Play, Nokia Store and BlackBerry App World). The technologies presented are: SMS, Java for basic phones and Android phones, and jQuery Mobile.
Target audience: This training is intended for computer science instructors.
- Survey the development of mobile solutions (SMS, native applications and web applications);
- Present tools to implement SMS services;
- Present the development of native mobile applications in Java ME and Android;
- Present the development of mobile web applications in jQuery Mobile;
- Discuss the teaching of mobile development in Senegal ; and
- Discuss research opportunities in mobility and mobile for development.
The participants should install the software before attending the training. They should also have phone credit and Internet data. BlackBerry phones (provided by BlackBerry to UCAD) will be used for practical work.
Programming the Mobile Web. Maximilianp Firtman, O’Reilly, 2010.
Mobile Design and Development: Practical Concepts and Techniques for Creating Mobile Sites and Web Apps. Brian Fling, O’Reilly, 2009.
Mobile Web Development. Nirav Mehta, Packt Publishing, 2008.
Pro Android Web App. Damon Oehlman and Sebastien Blanch, Apress, 2011.
Kicking Butt with MIDP and MSA: Creating Great Mobile Applications. Jonathan Knudsen, Addison-Wesley Professional.
Android Wireless Application Development. Shane Conder and Lauren Darcey, Addison-Wesley Professional.
The Android Developer’s Cookbook: Building Applications with the Android SDK. James Steele and Nelson To, Addison-Wesley Professional
BlackBerry Development Fundamentals. John M. Wargo, Addison-Wesley Professional.Beginning Blackberry Development, Anthony Rizk, Apress.